Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sitting here on a rainy day

Well it is raining outside and I am to lazy to put on my raingear to go outside. How sad is that? It is ok, I really do not have the energy or the desire to do anything. I really do not even have the desire to read something. So all it does is allow the mind to wonder. Like normal, the mind wanders to travel.

Today it is about where I would like to travel this year. Thus far this year I have not done any traveling (not counting the one trip to Gibraltar for work). That is a new record for M and I. So my list is actually quite long. It is normally long, which is ok. In reality, like usual, the majority of them will not happen.

Here are the ones that will more then likely happen:

Texas to visit the folks
We made a separate list of things that we would like to do in Texas and all of these things will not happen. We are not going to have enough time to do it all. Though, even if we had the time to do it all, we still would not “want” to do it with two kids under 2.

Ă–stersund to visit a couple of friends
They just had their first child, so it should be fun. We are taking the train, 10 hours. We will see how N does.

Wedding in Northern Sweden
A nice long weekend. One of M’s friends is getting married, a nice weekend away.

Ă…land with the in laws
Sadly I will miss most of this one, since I have to work and it will be the last week before I take Parent Time Off, but M and kids will be there the entire time.

Work Trips
These are always a bit up in the air, but it looks like I will be going to Moscow for a couple of days, Cape Town for a week, Vienna and a Athens.

The rest of just dream trips. You know the type, the ones that are fun to think about on a rainy nasty, stay inside with a cup of tea. The big one though is M’s 30th birthday is in January next year.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Dammit! You mean I'm older than Maria? I guess I didn't realize that... I turn thirty in less than a month....

(Vomiting now!) - You forgot Iceland on your list...

ms