Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Amazing 4th weekend

M & A & A have continued on their road trip, but they will be back. It was great having them around for the last week. I have to say though, it was an amazing weekend. Looking back at it, I can not believe the amount of stuff that we managed to do. No wonder we are all tired.

We went to the Children's Museum on Friday. M even was able to go, so that was an added advantage. They played a movie (more on that in a moment) at dusk, so we were there fairly late. It ended up being dollar night at the museum, so it was beyond crazy. I do not think that we will be going to the museum on Friday night again. M & A & A went to the little kids section and the rest of us roamed the museum. Right now they have an exhibit about the Wizard of Oz, which I will post about more at a late day (we only went to it the opening day and I haven't done it yet). At 8:30 they showed the Wizard of Oz on a screen out by the water. It was the first time for M and M and A to see it (shocking to me). The girls loved it of course. I can remember as a child the movie being on tv maybe one time a year and we always watched it. I might have to ask my sister about that. I think that M liked hearing all of the different references that I use from the movie on a daily basis that she did not realize came from the movie.

Saturday and Sunday were all about the water. Saturday we went to Revere Beach, which was not even close to being as nice as it was last time. In fact, I did not even get into the water this time. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, you could see the bottom pretty much until you were waist deep. On Saturday, you could not see your toes in you were only ankle deep. Not to mention the amount of seaweed and junk (a very technical term). Sunday we went out into the harbor. Now that was excellent and I think a highlight for everyone. The water was clear, so we all went swimming and it was a rock beach, not a sand beach. We spent the day at Spectacle island. Which use to be a glue factory and then the landfill. Now it is an amazing island. Even more amazing when you think about how nasty it was just a short while ago.

We had a nice 4th of July. Dinner was a picnic at the Boston Common after we played in the frog pond some (a huge hit with the girls). Then we sat on the Mass Ave bridge to watch the fireworks. I think that had I known that the fireworks were not until 10.30, I might not have been too thrilled about it. It was good though. We walked home after it was over with the other 400,000 people. I could imagine doing it exactly the same way next year.

No comments: