Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Cape Cod- Bird Watching


I have never considered myself a bird watcher, though I think that I could easily get into it. I love watching animals in nature, so it would not be a stretch if I became one. Cape Cod would be an easy spot to start since it is so easy to spot and identify birds. We loaned a little book with common animals along the cape, which was extremely helpful (not just with the birds, but with mammals and sea life as well).

The highlight of the birdwatching were the Osprey. We had two nests right beside our house and they would fly over us all the time. I got a little carried away with the photo taking of them, so deal with it.



At one point I was watching eight of them flying over the house. Of course this is when I did not have a single camera in the house.


One of the cool things about this photo is that the Osprey is sitting on a fly catcher. Each one of these blue boxes catches 30,000 flies each summer.

No comments: