Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Picture Book Tour

About an 1.5 hours away from Cambridge is the perfect picture book tour one could imagine.  It is excellent for people that are not familiar with American children's literature and for those who grew up reading it.

It starts off in Amhurst with the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. It is one of my favorite museums (which is saying a lot).  I tried to take N into the actual gallery and she said that she did not want to.  I asked if she liked the museum and she replied, "Yes Daddy, but that is the boring part of the museum."  As long as she liked it.

We headed 15 miles west to North Hampton for some ice cream and the R. Michelson art gallery.  M thought we were going just for the ice cream.  I was going for the art...and the ice cream.  I found too many pieces that I would like to have in my collection (or the lack of a collection).

Finally we went to the Dr. Seuss Sculpture Garden in Springfield MA. 




It is fun to take the girls, but it was fun to take the in-laws.  I don't think they knew any of the stories, but the girls did and so it was fun for them as well.  When we got home, we started to read all the books and I do mean ALL the books that we had. 

No comments: