Monday, August 15, 2011

Last of the free lunches

I talked about the crazy free lunch program that we have here before.  This past Friday was the last day for it.  I think that we went 4 times during the summer.  Apparently it was usually on a Friday, though I never realized it.  I guess it makes sense.  By Friday my mental well being is usually in question, so I want to just get out.  Officially I still feel as though the program is a waist, both of resources and money. 

One cool think that happened on Friday is that the kids (18 yr olds, who are totally kids) that sat at the park made a comment about the kids.  They thought that N and Z were 6 and 7 respectively.  I asked why they would think that and they said that they were so good at the different things and how well they communicated.  Needless to say, I was happy.  This was the second time in two days that I received comments like that.  It will be interesting to see what happens when school starts.

No comments: