Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crazy Lunch Program

So the girls and I went to the park yesterday morning before we went and bought our sharks (yes I said sharks, three of them). A nice kid came up and said that he was with the city and they had games and stuff over on the other side that the kids could play with. The girls headed over there and started to play. Z made a new friend and N made a new bracelet. At 11.30 they served a free lunch for the kids. It is part of Michelle Obama's healthy lunch program for kids. All summer long, until the 15thish of August, they will be handing out free lunches for kids in all Cambridge parks. It is crazy and I can not imagine what this is costing us in taxes. Three people to hand out lunches to 10 kids. God bless the American Government (he said sarcastically for those who missed it)!

3 comments:

Ärïk said...

Sharks? For the aquarium? Pictures, pictures, pictures!

DnMAdventures said...

Haha, Makes me laugh that you commented on the sharks part of the blog versus the part about the free lunch program. I'll take some pictures and upload them today.

Ärïk said...

What can I say about lunches? I like sharks bettet. :) But yes I think it mightn't be a a great idea unless the lunch problems are huge in your state. Still calling myself a leftist though... :)