Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The end of Swedish School

Sunday was the last Swedish School event for the year and it was beautiful day for it. If it was a Tuesday, I almost could of found nothing to complain about (stress the nothing in that sentence, since I can usually find something to complain about). Since it was a Sunday, the only complaint was the train schedule. It was an early morning.

The event started with a concert with all the kids singing...well, with all the kids on stage...well, with most of the kids on stage. I had never heard several of the songs, but I guess that is to be expected. N and Z got bored with it and came and sat with me the last song. I had M on the phone on the other end. She got to listen to the concert at 7am her time. I think that it was a nice way for her to wake up.





The concert was followed by graduation. Each girl got a diploma and something extra. We let the girls "cross the stage" and then missed the rest of it (toilet break).

At the same time we had the midsommar celebration. The pole was probably the most expensive pole in the history of them. I would say that 90% of the flowers were bought flowers. In fairness, we tried to find flowers to pick and could not really find any. Two weeks ago, they were everywhere. It felt as though the entire area was flowers. It was very pretty, just different from before. The girls enjoyed the dancing around it. I am sure that anyone walking past thought that it was a bit odd. N danced with me for the most part and Z danced with a friend of hers for a large percentage.
It finished, at least for us, with the candy fishing and then games. I love watching the girls when they do games like this. They concentrate so hard with it. We had to go a little earlier then the end. We could either of gotten home at 3.30 or at 7.30.



For all my complaining this year about Swedish School, I think that the girls enjoy it. It has been nice to have something for the girls to do every single week. The only negative has been the commute.

No comments: