Friday, June 24, 2011

Zoo Camp 2011

One of my best memories as a child was getting to go to Zoo Camp at the Minnesota Zoo. Mind you, this is where I got my first concussion, but that is a minor detail. So when we were planning the Texas trip, it was based on the idea that we would send the girls to Zoo Camp for the week.

(The reason we went to the Ft. Worth Zoo instead of the Boston Zoo is that Ft. Worth Zoo has a better camp program. Though Boston has a camp program, it is just a camp and not a Zoo Camp)


The theme for the week was "Animals that live in extreme environments." Everyday had a separate focus.

Monday- Sunscreen
Tuesday- Reptile Adaptations
Wednesday- Migration
Thursday- Penguins
Friday- Texas

Plus they got to roam around the zoo and see most of the animals (and dinosaurs).


The best way to determine if it was worth it is if we would go again next year. I think that the answer to that is yes. If we are able to go, we will do again next year. I think that I would actually like to send the girls to the Sea World camp as well, but maybe in a couple of years.

No comments: