Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sea World- Texas


When I was a little boy, all I wanted to be was a veterinarian/Zoo keeper (in my eyes at that time, they were the exact same thing). When I got a little older, I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. Needless to say, it did not ever happen. It does make me proud that the girls have taken up this plan...kind of. N has determined, along with several other jobs, that she wants to be a dolphin trainer. Z wants to, along with being a fireman, wants to work with penguins. Since I am living my life via them, I have to encourage this as much as possible. Part of it is sending the kids to Zoo Camp and the other part is taking them to Sea World.

San Antonio is great and worth a visit just for being San Antonio. We did stay on the river (the pool had a floater in it), went to the Mexican market (we needed a new picnic blanket) and we did see the Alamo (remember the Alamo?), but the real reason we went to San Antonio was Sea World.

When we got there, it took forever before we all finally got into the park. Stupidity on our part actually. I think that we ended up having to go back out to the car 4 or 5 times. We went over and feed the dolphins. This was the highlight for N. She was very happy with getting to feed them.

We then worked our way over to the Sesame Street area. Part of the reason we went was purely to get to meet Elmo and friends. I don't know who was more excited- me or Z? It was a hit and almost worth it just for that.

The girls are big enough to ride on several of the bigger rides. We went to a really pathetic dolphin show and we got to see the new Shamu show (N wanted to know why the trainers did not get into the water with Shamu. It was difficult to explain to her that a trainer was killed, so they do not go into the water anymore).

I just need to get N in the water with the dolphins and Z to "play" with a penguin and my job with be done!

No comments: