Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Daughter is a Nerd

Actually, she is probably more a geek, but I am old enough that they are the same thing.  She is totally into Spiderman.  I admit it, I think that it is great that she likes comic book characters.  The only problem is that I have never really cared for Spiderman at all.  It is not that I hate him, I just have no feelings about him what so ever.  Why couldn't she be into Star Wars or ...well, Star Wars.  That I totally could have gotten into.   It is not like I have not tried to get them both interested in Star Wars, but it has not stuck.

The weird thing about it is that I have no idea where it came from.  I do not think that we have a single Spiderman thing in our house.  M thinks it is from dagis, but that was over a year ago and it has come on suddenly.  The only kids she has been hanging around with recently were her cousins (all of them).  The two oldest are not into Spiderman at all and the youngest is only 1. 

What she really wants is a Pirate Spiderman?  Ever hear of a Pirate Spiderman?  Me either.  I emailed an artist about it the other day.  If I can arrange it, I think that she would like it.

I am a little nervous about school starting and her liking Spiderman so much.  She wants Spiderman everything for the first day.  I support it 100%, but I am just a little worried that she will come home when all the kids tell her that Spiderman is for boys only. I would be more worried if it wasn't Z.  She usually can handle that type of thing.  Oh the joy of being a parent.

No comments: