Friday, September 09, 2011

The First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of school for the girls.  It went...good...I guess.  The morning is a bit stressful.  No doubt that we will have good days and bad.   The morning went well.  We had pancakes and smoothie, so the girls were happy.  Drop off went well.  Z admitted that she was scared.  N was a little nervous, but more excited about starting.  I really like the teachers, so far. 

I thought that the girls were cute.   In the end, Z wore her Spiderman t-shirt and zebra tights.  It would not have been my first choice, but she was happy and it matched her personality.  N wore a dress with flowers that she has been wanting to wear for a while.  We had to rethink the clothes a little.  When we got up, it was pouring and it did not stop until after we were at school for the day. 

My day was good.   A little weird.  It will take a little getting use to not having them here all the time.  I scrubbed the kitchen floor and then the entire kitchen (bathroom today).  Next week is the week to start on the resumes.  I found a job that I want, but won't get.  So the hunt is on.

When I picked up, the girls seemed to have an excellent first day.  Z met a girl in which her name also started with Z.  They really hit it off.  N had two good friends, though she did not remember the names.  Making friends was so much easier back then.

Last night was the kindergarten picnic and we got to meet all the other parents.  I was almost the only person born in America and just about the only person that did not have a PHD.  We did want the girls to go to a school in which had a high level of education.

Ok, need to get back to scrubbing the floors. 

No comments: