Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What a morning!

I mean that in a good way.  It was such a great morning.  No stress what so ever.  I wish I understood how it was done, because I do not.  Since school has started, and especially this week when M is out of town, getting ready for school has been stressful.  Add to the fact that yesterday was Swedish School, I totally expected today to be painful.  It was not.  All three of us woke up on our own and ate the best breakfast so far.  We were out of the house with plenty of time and drop off went great.  I do believe that Wednesday has officially become my favorite day of the week (which would not be too hard to believe, since Tuesday is a pain in the a long day).  I felt so good after dropping the girls off that I went upstairs to the library (I really wish I was meaning our personal library and not the schools, but we do not have an upstairs and we do not have a library) and spoke to the librarian.  I have officially volunteered to help in the library.  It is for a selfish reason, but what ever. 

Speaking of Swedish School, the girls got moved up a class.  As we were parking the car to go to class, M called from California to say we got an e-mail from N and Z's teachers.  Both girls were to go to a new class.  They are more advanced in Swedish then the other kids, so up they go.  I am a little nervous about both of them.  Z is the youngest, by over a year, in her class.  I believe that the kids in Z's class know how to read and they will be reading a book this year.  So it might be a tough year.  I guess we will see soon enough.

Also about school, yesterday was the first PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) meeting of the year.  It was good...I guess.  The president spoke to me after the meeting was done to see if I thought that it was too much.  I explained that my sister has been the president of her PTA for several years and I have been listening to all the activities that she has been involved, so it did not surprise me too much.

No comments: