Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Nice Little "Vacation"

Everything seemed like it was going like it was suppose to. Everything was packed, the girls were up and ready to go, we left the house in plenty of time and everyone was in a great mood. N and Z were in a good mood because they were going to see Grandma and Grandpa, while I was in a good mood thinking about some well earned time away from the kids. In fact, things were going too good.

It is very important to mention here that it is just N and Z and myself. M is at a conference, so this is our first vacation with out here. See, M and I usually have a plan. One of us will take care of the luggage and one of us will take care of the kids. It is such a good plan. This time I was in charge of everything. I got to the airport 2 hours in advance. My father was making fun of me because we were arriving so early. We got off the bus and then walked in the airport when I realized that I had left my and N's backpack on the bus. I told the girls to wait there and I sprinted to the next terminal only to miss it by a minute. In my bag it had all of my clothes, computer and flight information. In N's bag, it was her doll (much more important then my back, that is for sure). By the time that I got back to our terminal, security was there watching the girls.

We waited for the next bus to come and when he arrived, he called dispatch to look for the backpack. Then we went to check in and wait for our bus make it all the way around again. Thank God our bags were in there. N told me that she was glad that M was not there, as she would not be happy about it. Personally I was beyond sick to my stomach over the whole thing.

When we finally made it through security, we only had about 30 minutes before departure. It was not until we loaded the plan that I noticed that N and Z had seats together, but I was in a row behind. The guy was very nice and swapped with me. I am honestly not sure if it was me or the guy who was nice.

On that flight, I started thinking. If we did not have seats together on the second flight, I wonder what we will have on our next flight. It turned out that we had seats on three different rows. I tried to get it fixed during our 4 hour layover, but no good. I had to try and swap it on the plane. It almost did not work, since one guy had to sit on the aisle seat. It took all my will power not to just set the girls next to him and be done with it. It did work out though...in the end.

No comments: