Monday, May 16, 2011

Hola

Last weeks theme was local plants and flowers. It went pretty good. It was a little tougher towards the end. We had a field trip planned for the end of the week, but we could not go because of the gas company. Then the weekend was a bit of a flop (from the theme point of view). No field trip on Saturday because we did not have the energy to fight with the girls to get ready and Sunday it just rained all day, so the garden did not get built. So, in some ways it was really successful. In other ways it was not. I am ok with that.

This weeks theme is Spanish. The girls have been desperate to learn Spanish ever since we applied to go to a 50% Spanish school (we did not get accepted). Not that I am great with language, but we are going to try it. This is what I have for this week-

- A map with all the countries that have Spanish as their first language colored in
- Post it notes game with words in Spanish, English and Swedish on it
- Food from Spanish speaking counties all week
- Books, music and movies in Spanish

That is about it. Any suggestions? I thought about flags from the different countries that speak Spanish, but otherwise I am short of ideas. Given the fact that language has never been my strong point, my ideas are limited.

No comments: