Thursday, May 26, 2011

A special kind of club

Sitting down at breakfast yesterday morning, my tongue felt a rough spot on a tooth in the back of the mouth. I ignored it, since I have a dentist appointment in a couple of weeks. Unconsciously I was still playing with it. I did not notice that I was until I felt something move. Of course it was the tooth. With very little assistance, a gigantic filling came out. It is not too shocking, I do have really crappy teeth.

The girls thought that this was great, especially Z. They determined that I was now a member of a special club- The Missing Tooth Club. Z is a member, so is Grandma and a friend of theirs in Texas. I feel honored to be a member. I am hoping that I am not a member for very long though. The lucky thing for me is that it is one of my back teeth. All the other members (that we know of course, we are ignoring everyone else). have one of their front teeth missing. Plus I am hoping not to be a member too long. The dentist is booked for the first part of next week.

It was determined that the Tooth Fairy would be coming. The only issue is that in Sweden they do it a little differently. They place the tooth in a glass of water and then in the morning coins will be in there and the tooth is still there. I thought that we should wait until M gets home, but Z would not have anything to do with that. It had to be last night. My favorite thing about the missing tooth though has to be the words of wisdom by Z- "You can either save the money or you can spend it on anything you want" (the last part was in a greedy little voice.

No comments: