Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Want List

In the next month (ish) I have several things that I will be getting gifts for. I have my birthday, my anniversary, father's day, my name's day, Swedish National Day (not really, but it does not hurt to put it in there) and guilt gifts from M (which I should be getting SEVERAL!) So I thought that I would do a list for her (and anyone else who happens to want to get me a present here or there). I will do only the top seven.

1) Star Wars
a. Fx lightsaber- in fairness, any of them would be alright. This is the one that I want though.
b. Lightsaber chopsticks- we eat sushi often, so it is more environmentally friendly to have your own chopsticks...right? Well, these are the ones. While we are talking about kitchen supplies/Star Wars things, wouldn't this be cool (pun intended) as well. For the environment, of course.
c. Storm Trooper Uniform- I am actually not sure who has the cooler house: Barney or Chuck. Since I was able to find a picture of Barney's house, I will go with him. Doesn't the Clone Trooper uniform look nice in the background? Now imagine if it was a Storm Trooper. It has been shown that Storm Troopers are 97% cooler then Clone troopers. No idea where to get one, I just want one.

d. Star Wars Lamp- This is a must. It will look excellent in my office (did I say my office, I mean our office Honey!).

2) Books
a. Star Wars pop up- Matthew Reinhart is amazing. He is a true master at popup books. His greatest one is the Star Wars one. While you are at it, you can get this one as well.
b. New England Guide Book
c. Complete Calvin and Hobbes- The greatest Sunday comic of all time!
d. Complete The Far Side- The second greatest Sunday comic of all time!
e. Myself and Strangers by John Graves-He wrote "Goodbye to a River" about the Bravos River.
f. Born to Run by Christopher McDougall- I need some type of motivation. It worked when I read "Ultramarathon Man" by Dean Karnazes, it should work again.

3) Art
a. Mo Willems- Today's best Children's book author. You have to love this guy, but I am not sure that I would not rather have Edwina or Leo.
b. Pelle Svanslos by Einar Norelius- I just like Pelle, which is totally because of Uppsala.
c. Skum- I like his pencil drawings. They are simple, but nice.
d. Sven Jonson- Ok, he is my favorite Swedish artist. When M and I first moved in together, we went to a gallery and we found one of his paintings that we both loved. We were too poor to buy it, but since then I have wanted one of his paintings.
e. Animation Cels- Bringing back my childhood. My wants are simple, Darkwing, Gargoyles, Pelle
f. James Hance- I actually don't know if I want one of his, but his work is excellent. I especially like his Star Wars/"Where the Wild Things Are" mash up.
G. John Bauer- This one might be cool, though it is hard to tell
H. This list really could go on and on and on

4) Experiences
a. James Taylor tickets- My number 1 for ever. He will even be in Boston this summer...sigh.
b. Scuba certification
c. Red Sox tickets
d. Classes for getting my pilots license- I want to fly this:

This is Jimmy's plane.



This one is Indiana's




5) Clothes (the boring stuff for my parents, not that they read the blog
a. Shoes- I need a pair of brown shoes and sandals
b. Sun glasses
c. Hat- I am thinking one of these
d. Boots

6) House
a. Step ladder
b. Framing
c. Portable air conditioning- Did I mention that we had 98% humidity the other day
d. Saw horses- boring I know, but very useful. I said that everything on my list was not going to be just fun stuff. After all, I did ask for a ladder.

7) General or Other
a. Guitar- N got hers for her birthday, so it might be fun to learn together.
b. Camping espresso maker
c. Aquarium filter
d. Bike- this makes me sad. Mine is broken and I can not get the part that I need. So it looks like I am going to need a new one.

Like I said, only seven things.

No comments: