Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A conversation with my children

Had a nice talk to the girls. It went something like this:

Girls- "Why does Mamma have to work?"

Me- "She enjoys working and we have to earn money so that we can have food, clothes and a place to live."

Girls- "But Daddy, you don't have a job."

Me- "I do have a job, it is getting to spend all day (everyday was thought in my head at this point) with you two."

Girls- After a short pause, "What are you going to do when we start school in August? You can not work at your old job, it is in Sweden"

Me- "I don't know, what do you think I should do?"

Girls- "You are good at fixing things, maybe you should do that."

Of course, this is similar to a conversation that they had with M last week during the Super Bowl. Then they had decided that I should be a football coach. Also, it is kind of nice that they think that I am good at fixing things!

This brings up a good point, what should I do when they start school in September?

No comments: